Full Frontal Lobotomy

Computer Personality

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Computer Personality

Post by Ali on Tue May 14, 2013 7:02 am

Mines a bit old and decrepit now, poor thing might just be going to computer heaven before too much longer. Sad
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali on Tue May 14, 2013 8:18 am

Cheyanne wrote:
Ali wrote:Mines a bit old and decrepit now, poor thing might just be going to computer heaven before too much longer. Sad

oh dear, hope you have a replacement ready? Shocked

No unfortunately. I hope it's just going to keep on going. I've got my phone if worst comes to worst I suppose.
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 14, 2013 8:23 am

Mine is running fine at the moment and when mine have gone wrong in the past it's due to a spillage mostly involving coke..I carry out regular maintainence with that cc cleaner and do the dfrag once in a while.

...I've got one of those clear mat things over the keyboard now and i wouldn't ever open a coke bottle anywhere near it since one exploded over my last machine and it seeped behind the screen...I won't have a glass of liquid anywhere near it that has to be on a separate table beside me...Since following those rules my computer hasn't had any tantrums.

LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 14, 2013 8:37 am

Cheyanne wrote:
philagain wrote:Mine is running fine at the moment and when mine have gone wrong in the past it's due to a spillage mostly involving coke..I carry out regular maintainence with that cc cleaner and do the dfrag once in a while.

...I've got one of those clear mat things over the keyboard now and i wouldn't ever open a coke bottle anywhere near it since one exploded over my last machine and it seeped behind the screen...I won't have a glass of liquid anywhere near it that has to be on a separate table beside me...Since following those rules my computer hasn't had any tantrums.

LOL

I am always moaning at my daughter for sitting her drinks on the computer desk. I just know..............one day!!!! Mad

I'm telling you!...Do not have any liquid near a machine...I've got cats as well so it's a definite No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 14, 2013 8:48 am

Cheyanne wrote:
philagain wrote:
Cheyanne wrote:

I am always moaning at my daughter for sitting her drinks on the computer desk. I just know..............one day!!!! Mad

I'm telling you!...Do not have any liquid near a machine...I've got cats as well so it's a definite No

It's not me that needs to be told..........just my bloody daughter!!!! lol

Most guarantees will protect against accidental spillage these days..My partner has a laptop as well and imo it's very important to have two machines as our lives are virtually run by computers these days...The cheapest dual fuel is only available online and all of our banking is done online and also our shopping is done online...and we pay our bills online to be without a computer would be a bloody nightmare and then of course there are forums Laughing ....I wonder what Angela would do without one! roflmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 14, 2013 8:50 am

Jack wrote:If you spill stuff into your keyboard take it apart ... dead easy.
Half a dozen screws at most.
Then wash it in warm soapy water gently.
Toothbrush between the keys etc.
Take your time and be gentle.
Leave to dry.
You can seed up the drying with a hair dryer.
Put back together looks and performs like new.
You'll be amazed how little there is in there and how simple it is to clean.

roflmao ...I tried using a hairdryer once and melted the bloody keys!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali on Sat May 18, 2013 3:25 am

Cheyanne wrote:
philagain wrote:Mine is running fine at the moment and when mine have gone wrong in the past it's due to a spillage mostly involving coke..I carry out regular maintainence with that cc cleaner and do the dfrag once in a while.

LOL

Too late for me, I spilt coffee on my keyboard a few weeks ago. Now, I not only have to use an external monitor because I dropped the bloody laptop, I now have to use an external keyboard too. My laptop is now a desk top lol
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down