Full Frontal Lobotomy

Points Of View

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Points Of View

Post by Ali on Sat May 11, 2013 9:14 am

It's not just new talent, it's new programmes full stop they need.

Oh and not so much bloody football interrupting the soaps please Laughing
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 11, 2013 9:17 am

Cheyanne wrote:Points of View is a long-running British television series broadcast on BBC One. It started in 1961 and features the letters of viewers offering praise, criticism and purportedly witty observations on the television of recent weeks.

Is there anything you would like to say, either about any tv channel............................or forums come to that? whistle

As far as tv is concerned, I would tell them to get some new bloody talent! I get sick to death of seeing the same old celebrities on nearly every show you tune into.

Forums? I guess I would say that some people need to get some new material, because you see more repeats at times than on the tv! yawn

....Ant & Dec & Simon Cowell are getting a bit boring Yadda ..What would you like to see more on TV Dunno

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 11, 2013 9:21 am

Ali wrote:It's not just new talent, it's new programmes full stop they need.

Ha! Ha!....What would we do without our soaps!...My partner and i used to back up my mum when the soaps came on Laughing ...They were banished to the ground floor with a smaller TV!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali on Sat May 11, 2013 9:25 am

Cheyanne wrote:

you didn't strike me as someone that watched the soaps! Shocked

I haven't for quite some time. I got out of the habit when I used to work early and late shifts, I never seemed to be able to catch up so gave up watching them.
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali on Sat May 11, 2013 9:35 am

Cheyanne wrote:I loved Eastenders back in the early days and never missed an episode, I haven't watched it for years now.

Back then it was only on twice a week and like you, I never or very rarely, missed an episode.
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 11, 2013 9:38 am

Ali wrote:
Cheyanne wrote:

I haven't for quite some time. I got out of the habit when I used to work early and late shifts, I never seemed to be able to catch up so gave up watching them.

Catch up TV Dunno

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali on Sat May 11, 2013 9:40 am

philagain wrote:
Ali wrote:
Cheyanne wrote:

Catch up TV Dunno

never seemed to find the time Phil.
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 11, 2013 9:41 am

Cheyanne wrote:
philagain wrote:
Cheyanne wrote:Points of View is a long-running British television series broadcast on BBC One. It started in 1961 and features the letters of viewers offering praise, criticism and purportedly witty observations on the television of recent weeks.

Is there anything you would like to say, either about any tv channel............................or forums come to that? whistle

As far as tv is concerned, I would tell them to get some new bloody talent! I get sick to death of seeing the same old celebrities on nearly every show you tune into.

Forums? I guess I would say that some people need to get some new material, because you see more repeats at times than on the tv! yawn

....Ant & Dec & Simon Cowell are getting a bit boring Yadda ..What would you like to see more on TV Dunno

Well I don't watch much tv very often to be honest Phil lol just that when I do, it is always the same old so-called celebrities.

I do quite enjoy the auditions on BGT though and I'm a celebrity get me out of here. Doomed

TBH...My partner and i are both surfing the net more these days and we have TV on in the background...When something interesting comes on...then we get distracted! Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 11, 2013 9:50 am

Ali wrote:
philagain wrote:
Ali wrote:

Catch up TV Dunno

never seemed to find the time Phil.

Dunno ...I'm employed at home though and TV etc...is the main part of distraction for anyone that is in severe pain..that and talking quite a lot and often some irritation occurs..trying to get distraction through introducing gaming etc..distraction is the key and no heath service would be able to provide the care that i give tbf and it would cost the country a lot more!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 11, 2013 9:55 am

Only 23% of people are in the support group of ESA and my partner is one of those 23%

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 11, 2013 10:03 am

Jack wrote:Haven't really watched telly for years and even then I never really watched much.
Not a film person either.

Good for you!...How do you fill your spare time then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 11, 2013 10:24 am

Jack wrote:
philagain wrote:
Jack wrote:Haven't really watched telly for years and even then I never really watched much.
Not a film person either.

Good for you!...How do you fill your spare time then?
Spare time is internet time and music time.
I have always listened to music and also play a little key board and guitar plus I have kids and grand kids but the world of celebrity and tv and even music celebs has never really interested me ... dunno why.
I don't have time for stars or royalty or politicians or anyone other than the people I interact with in some way.
I hear of so many people who loved Diana ... well how the fcuk can you love someone you never met is the way my head works I'm afraid.
She was an iimage on a screen with a story to tell but love her ... come on!

Hmmm...Perhaps you have been distracted from what has gone on in the media etc and in no way am i saying that is a bad thing! Doomed

About Diana...Well the monarchy was quite stuffy before she arrived and she embraced charities like the land mine charity for one..She was the first commoner to marry into the royal family and shaped it into a modern age imo..although Kate is more of a commoner and her mother because she used to be an air hostess has been given a lot of grief.

...Whilst they are still the rich elite Diana did provide something of a more caring nature towards her two sons...They are still the rich elite though which imo would need to be taken on at some point and i can see that happening at some point in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 11, 2013 10:39 am

...I'm all for a revolution...But what would we replace the present Capitalist system with Dunno ....There is no real movement at the moment with any kind of ability to overthrow the current political system...We have UKIP which is far right and nothing on the left to stand up against that!

The first past the post system would deny UKIP any kind of chance of any kind of voice...So IMO we are stuck with the two main parties and you would have to vote for the lesser of the two evils which is Labour!

I don't see any kind of revolution happening any time soon tbf! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 11, 2013 1:35 pm

Jack wrote:
philagain wrote:...I'm all for a revolution...But what would we replace the present Capitalist system with Dunno ....There is no real movement at the moment with any kind of ability to overthrow the current political system...We have UKIP which is far right and nothing on the left to stand up against that!

The first past the post system would deny UKIP any kind of chance of any kind of voice...So IMO we are stuck with the two main parties and you would have to vote for the lesser of the two evils which is Labour!

I don't see any kind of revolution happening any time soon tbf! Sad
What most people don't realise about revolutions is they have to be financed.
The Russian revolution for instance was financed by the Rothschilds and wall st.
Nowadays the bankers have it sewn up even tighter.
Who would finance a revolution Phil and how?
I'm afraid the answer is it just isn't possible.

I don't know tbf...But in the future i can see people losing their homes both in the private and public sector...If everyone stood their ground...Would their be enough balliffs to kick everyone out?...I very much doubt that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 11, 2013 1:38 pm

...A few years down the line they won't have the money to take everyone to court and evict them imo!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 11, 2013 1:52 pm

.....I can see a complete collapse in public services and we will all be left to deal with things on our own Sad ...So i would suggest that people pull their resources and make best of the accommodation that is available.

I always lived in shared housing before Doug and before we got together and i liked it tbf!...If things got really bad then i would be more than happy to give my front room to a mate...he could put a sofa bed in here and we could live in the bedroom where that could be a lounge as well as a bedroom!

TBF...In the long term it isn't going to be a problem for us.... as i've got an inheritance and there is more to come...but i wouldn't see a mate on the street and if the whole system collapses it's security in numbers!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum