Seems lost, crying and looking scared.
There are no other adults around.
You are a man; what do you do?

Get the child to safety asap.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Question.

Post by Ali on Thu May 09, 2013 5:10 am

I know i'm not male but I don't think you should ignore a child in distress when there doesn't appear to be a parent in close proximity or any other adult around, you'd never be able to live with yourselves if something happened to the child.

But I think Dean is right, phoning the police may probably be the safest option for you personally as a sort of insurance policy.

I wouldn't suggest removing the child from where you found them though, even to go looking for the parents, just stay with them out in the open until someone arrives.

As a side note, I think this should apply to women too.

Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali on Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 am

Dean wrote:
Ali wrote:I know i'm not male but I don't think you should ignore a child in distress when there doesn't appear to be a parent in close proximity or any other adult around, you'd never be able to live with yourselves if something happened to the child.

But I think Dean is right, phoning the police may probably be the safest option for you personally as a sort of insurance policy.

I wouldn't suggest removing the child from where you found them though, even to go looking for the parents, just stay with them out in the open until someone arrives.

As a side note, I think this should apply to women too.

Men get looked on as paedos a lot more than a woman would.

Yes I know. It is probably true that most paedo's are men, but that doesn't mean for a moment most men are paedo's but when it comes down to it, man or woman, you need to protect yourself from potential accusations.

Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali on Thu May 09, 2013 5:24 am

vills wrote:Good point about phoning the police, but you might not have your phone on you.

I can just imagine going over to the child and comforting him/her when the mother and friends come running up thinking you're a pervert...

I wouldn't suggest you start cuddling the child Vils, just talk to them, try to get them to calm down and look around to see if they can see their mother or an older sibling etc.

Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali on Thu May 09, 2013 7:09 am

I blame the media for that Chey, it's given the impression that every man is a potential child abuser and scared parents witless in the process.

Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mama kaz on Thu May 09, 2013 8:08 pm

I don't think I would even consider the fact I might get accused until afterwards, I would consider the child and comfort them, ask them for their details, parents number and then call the police if nothing was forthcoming...

Pretty much as I would do for an animal or an additional needs person too. To my mind the state of the country is because too many people consider the 'consequences' because of the press.

Mama kaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 10, 2013 6:08 am

Mama kaz wrote:I don't think I would even consider the fact I might get accused until afterwards, I would consider the child and comfort them, ask them for their details, parents number and then call the police if nothing was forthcoming...

Pretty much as I would do for an animal or an additional needs person too. To my mind the state of the country is because too many people consider the 'consequences' because of the press.

That's what i would have done!....Some good advice given on using your phone to call the police Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali on Fri May 10, 2013 6:38 am

Jack wrote:Find the duck pond ...drown it!

affraid

Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs on Fri May 10, 2013 6:47 am

Most people would video it on their mobile and then sell it to the News Media. !!!

Snookerballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs on Fri May 10, 2013 7:26 am

Jack wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:Most people would video it on their mobile and then sell it to the News Media. !!!
The drowning!!!!

These days most people video the incident on their mobile phone rather than help, its more beneficial Sad

Snookerballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum