Full Frontal Lobotomy

Rich elderly should shun benefits

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rich elderly should shun benefits

Post by Ali on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:58 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22327335

Wealthy elderly people who do not need benefits to help with fuel bills, TV licences or free travel should return the money, the work and pensions secretary says.

Iain Duncan Smith told the Sunday Telegraph he would "encourage" people who do not need such financial support "to hand it back".


Can't see this making him very popular right now although he has said it should be up to them.

Personally, I think he's right, rich elderly people shouldn't get things like heating allowance but I can't see many of them giving it up voluntarily tbh.

Ali
Admin

Posts : 2534
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rich elderly should shun benefits

Post by Snookerballs on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:35 am

Ian Duncan Smith is the ideal person to say that the elderly should forego their Bus Pass,

He travels by Chauffered Cars paid for by the Tax Payer !
His Other Travel expenses amount to about £ 5,000 per year, paid for by the Tax Payer,
His Home/Constituency/Westminster Rail Travelling amounts to about £2800 per Year. Paid for by the Tax Payer.
His Wifes Travelling Fees to accompany him at special occasions are £500 per year Paid for by the Tax Payer
(as listed 2011/12 )

"Yup dont do as I do , do as I say" !!!!
And he is a Millionaire in his own right.

Snookerballs

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Rich elderly should shun benefits

Post by Ali on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:55 am

Melfi wrote:It's a shame they can't donate their bus pass to someone who needs it. There are millions of hard working young people who struggle with travel costs.

That would be a good idea Melfi, the cost of public transport is quite prohibitive for people out in the sticks who have to travel to work, yet they get no help at all even if they are working on a low income.

Ali
Admin

Posts : 2534
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rich elderly should shun benefits

Post by Ali on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:56 am

Snookerballs wrote:Ian Duncan Smith is the ideal person to say that the elderly should forego their Bus Pass,

He travels by Chauffered Cars paid for by the Tax Payer !
His Other Travel expenses amount to about £ 5,000 per year, paid for by the Tax Payer,
His Home/Constituency/Westminster Rail Travelling amounts to about £2800 per Year. Paid for by the Tax Payer.
His Wifes Travelling Fees to accompany him at special occasions are £500 per year Paid for by the Tax Payer
(as listed 2011/12 )

"Yup dont do as I do , do as I say" !!!!
And he is a Millionaire in his own right.

We're all in it together aren't we? Dunno

Ali
Admin

Posts : 2534
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rich elderly should shun benefits

Post by Snookerballs on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:14 am

Ali wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:Ian Duncan Smith is the ideal person to say that the elderly should forego their Bus Pass,

He travels by Chauffered Cars paid for by the Tax Payer !
His Other Travel expenses amount to about £ 5,000 per year, paid for by the Tax Payer,
His Home/Constituency/Westminster Rail Travelling amounts to about £2800 per Year. Paid for by the Tax Payer.
His Wifes Travelling Fees to accompany him at special occasions are £500 per year Paid for by the Tax Payer
(as listed 2011/12 )

"Yup dont do as I do , do as I say" !!!!
And he is a Millionaire in his own right.

We're all in it together aren't we? Dunno

And that dosent include him living in a Five Bedroom Mansion rent free, and demanding everyone who has an extra bedroom pay the Bedroom Tax ,
Guess who pays for the heating of his Swimming Pool, the manicuring of his Lawns, and the up keep of his Tennis Court

Snookerballs

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rich elderly should shun benefits

Post by Ali on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:18 am

Snookerballs wrote:
Ali wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:Ian Duncan Smith is the ideal person to say that the elderly should forego their Bus Pass,

He travels by Chauffered Cars paid for by the Tax Payer !
His Other Travel expenses amount to about £ 5,000 per year, paid for by the Tax Payer,
His Home/Constituency/Westminster Rail Travelling amounts to about £2800 per Year. Paid for by the Tax Payer.
His Wifes Travelling Fees to accompany him at special occasions are £500 per year Paid for by the Tax Payer
(as listed 2011/12 )

"Yup dont do as I do , do as I say" !!!!
And he is a Millionaire in his own right.

We're all in it together aren't we? Dunno

And that dosent include him living in a Five Bedroom Mansion rent free, and demanding everyone who has an extra bedroom pay the Bedroom Tax ,
Guess who pays for the heating of his Swimming Pool, the manicuring of his Lawns, and the up keep of his Tennis Court

Ooooh, now that's a hard question Snooks but if I were to hazzard a guess, I would say...the taxpayer? Laughing

Ali
Admin

Posts : 2534
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rich elderly should shun benefits

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:02 am

..So they bloody well should imo but i would hazard a guess that the majority of them are far too selfish to ever contemplate such a thing..whilst slagging off the poor for claiming benefits etc Mad

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Rich elderly should shun benefits

Post by Snookerballs on Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:08 am

How would IDS convince CERTAIN Senior Citizens to hand back their heating allowance,
The elderly just wouldnt be able to cope !!!

Snookerballs

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rich elderly should shun benefits

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:24 am

How come it's up to them and not him?
The poorer people don't get choices but the wealthier do can't be right and shows his fcuking bias.
Only people in council houses and association houses cop the bedroom tax not people with private landlords meaning wealthy landlords in the private sector still draw full benefits through their tenants.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Rich elderly should shun benefits

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:57 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum