Full Frontal Lobotomy

Rolf Harris Arrested.

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rolf Harris Arrested.

Post by Snookerballs on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:29 pm

The widespread Internet stories (and jokes) have been confirmed.
Rolf Harris questioned under the Operation Yewtree Sex Offence Probe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22212131

Snookerballs

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested.

Post by Snookerballs on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:52 pm

Is it just me,
I cannot see what this Operation "Yewtree" is likely to achieve, other than a huge libel suit against the Police.

Even the accusations against JS have not been proved !

Snookerballs

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested.

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:09 pm

The masses feel morally superior and are momentarily deflected from the fuckups of the boss class. No wonder the corporate-owned media and politicians fuel it.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 1282
Join date : 2013-04-04

http://fullfrontallabotomy.4umotion.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested.

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:14 pm

Dimples wrote:
Henry wrote:The masses feel morally superior and are momentarily deflected from the fuckups of the boss class. No wonder the corporate-owned media and politicians fuel it.

What?

Are you not able to discuss any topic without reducing it to an argument around class?

I don't consider an argument around or about class to be "reduced".

Admin
Admin

Posts : 1282
Join date : 2013-04-04

http://fullfrontallabotomy.4umotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested.

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:15 pm

vills wrote:This is England...

Everything is about class...

thumbup

Admin
Admin

Posts : 1282
Join date : 2013-04-04

http://fullfrontallabotomy.4umotion.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested.

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Dimples wrote:
vills wrote:This is an English forum.

Everything is about class...

English.

That says it all really. Rolling Eyes

You mock a culture's traditions? Shocked

Admin
Admin

Posts : 1282
Join date : 2013-04-04

http://fullfrontallabotomy.4umotion.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested.

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:35 pm

Dimples wrote:
Henry wrote:
Dimples wrote:
vills wrote:This is an English forum.

Everything is about class...

English.

That says it all really. Rolling Eyes

You mock a culture's traditions? Shocked

I'm not English and I don't recall when I signed up that there was any particular mention of this being an English forum, so why mention it now?

Does this mean that the views of any of us not born in England have less validity than those of you who were?

Take that up with vils, he declared it to be an English forum, not me. Dunno

Admin
Admin

Posts : 1282
Join date : 2013-04-04

http://fullfrontallabotomy.4umotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested.

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:36 pm

Dimples wrote:
Henry wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Henry wrote:The masses feel morally superior and are momentarily deflected from the fuckups of the boss class. No wonder the corporate-owned media and politicians fuel it.

What?

Are you not able to discuss any topic without reducing it to an argument around class?

I don't consider an argument around or about class to be "reduced".

Why not? Reductionism is precisely what you're doing.

By introducing it into almost every discussion you run the risk of turning people off as it homogenises the forum and gives it a perspective which might make others feel unwelcome if they don't wish to debate each topic in terms of social class.

Indeed it would. Fortunately we haven't done that. Cool

Admin
Admin

Posts : 1282
Join date : 2013-04-04

http://fullfrontallabotomy.4umotion.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested.

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:42 pm

Dimples wrote:
Henry wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Henry wrote:

You mock a culture's traditions? Shocked

I'm not English and I don't recall when I signed up that there was any particular mention of this being an English forum, so why mention it now?

Does this mean that the views of any of us not born in England have less validity than those of you who were?

Take that up with vils, he declared it to be an English forum, not me. Dunno

So which "culture" are you referring to then, if it's not that of England, which is the point that Vils made and which I challenged?
Any culture generally, English culture specifically, I did not say it was an English forum though. Your argument, such as it is, is frayed beyond repair I think. Dunno

Admin
Admin

Posts : 1282
Join date : 2013-04-04

http://fullfrontallabotomy.4umotion.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested.

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:49 pm

Dimples wrote:
Henry wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Henry wrote:

I don't consider an argument around or about class to be "reduced".

Why not? Reductionism is precisely what you're doing.

By introducing it into almost every discussion you run the risk of turning people off as it homogenises the forum and gives it a perspective which might make others feel unwelcome if they don't wish to debate each topic in terms of social class.

Indeed it would. Fortunately we haven't done that. Cool

It's beginning to look that way. This police operation is nothing to do with class, no matter how much you might like it to be.

Criminal wrongdoing and inappropriate sexual conduct cut across social class anyway and rightly or wrongly, I see this pointless naming of famous people before any concrete evidence of past wrongdoing has been unearthed to be morally wrong, potentially ruinous for the named individuals as well as the police and yet nothing whatsoever to do with "the masses" or any perceived "boss class".
Tell that to the corporate-owned media who profit from it. And while your at it, the Govt press offices who pounce on these "revelations" as opportunities to bury bad news and deflect prole attention.


Admin
Admin

Posts : 1282
Join date : 2013-04-04

http://fullfrontallabotomy.4umotion.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested.

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:55 pm

Dimples wrote:
Henry wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Henry wrote:

Take that up with vils, he declared it to be an English forum, not me. Dunno

So which "culture" are you referring to then, if it's not that of England, which is the point that Vils made and which I challenged?
Any culture generally, English culture specifically, I did not say it was an English forum though. Your argument, such as it is, is frayed beyond repair I think. Dunno

I didn't say you said it. You quoted my post in which I quoted that of Vils, so if you didn't want me to answer you back, maybe you should have replied without quoting my message or addressing it to me.

I have not mocked any culture - English or otherwise - so I'm still at a loss as to what your post even means. My post which said "English. Says it all really" challenges Vils statement that this is an "English forum", as if that is in any way relevant.

Dimples wrote:

English.

That says it all really. Rolling Eyes

I think that post can fairly be described as mockery, albeit gentle, don't you?

Admin
Admin

Posts : 1282
Join date : 2013-04-04

http://fullfrontallabotomy.4umotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested.

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Dimples wrote:
Henry wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Henry wrote:

Indeed it would. Fortunately we haven't done that. Cool

It's beginning to look that way. This police operation is nothing to do with class, no matter how much you might like it to be.

Criminal wrongdoing and inappropriate sexual conduct cut across social class anyway and rightly or wrongly, I see this pointless naming of famous people before any concrete evidence of past wrongdoing has been unearthed to be morally wrong, potentially ruinous for the named individuals as well as the police and yet nothing whatsoever to do with "the masses" or any perceived "boss class".
Tell that to the corporate-owned media who profit from it. And while your at it, the Govt press offices who pounce on these "revelations" as opportunities to bury bad news and deflect prole attention.


No I see it as nothing more than salacious scandalmongering, for which I have zero tolerance.

Doubtless the corporate-owned media and the Govt press offices privately agree with you. But it doesn't invalidate my observation. Dunno

Admin
Admin

Posts : 1282
Join date : 2013-04-04

http://fullfrontallabotomy.4umotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested.

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:51 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum