Full Frontal Lobotomy

Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:42 am

Ali wrote:He would have made a stunning woman Shocked

That's why Jon Moss fell in love with him!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Ali on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:39 pm

Cheyanne wrote:CB radios, which were fun years ago and thinking back it was maybe a bit like early days before internet forums. Ooerrr


Does anyone remember those beaded curtains that hung in doorways?
If you visited someone that had one, you used to get tangled up in the bloody thing just walking through the door!! Mad

Oh, I had great fun with my CB radio, used to chat for hours on it. Our town had a local CB club with monthly meetings too.

Ali
Admin

Posts : 2534
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Admin on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:59 pm

I hated you CB feckers. Reported one or two for violating the telegraphy laws. None of you knew owt about radio except how to interfere with the TV and radio reception of others. Mad

Admin
Admin

Posts : 1282
Join date : 2013-04-04

http://fullfrontallabotomy.4umotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Ali on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:22 pm

Henry wrote:I hated you CB feckers. Reported one or two for violating the telegraphy laws. None of you knew owt about radio except how to interfere with the TV and radio reception of others. Mad

I was licenced thinks

Ali
Admin

Posts : 2534
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Admin on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:55 pm

Ali wrote:
Henry wrote:I hated you CB feckers. Reported one or two for violating the telegraphy laws. None of you knew owt about radio except how to interfere with the TV and radio reception of others. Mad

I was licenced thinks

You would say that, wouldn't you? whistle

Admin
Admin

Posts : 1282
Join date : 2013-04-04

http://fullfrontallabotomy.4umotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Ali on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:56 pm

Henry wrote:
Ali wrote:
Henry wrote:I hated you CB feckers. Reported one or two for violating the telegraphy laws. None of you knew owt about radio except how to interfere with the TV and radio reception of others. Mad

I was licenced thinks

You would say that, wouldn't you? whistle

Yes, because it's true. Prod

Ali
Admin

Posts : 2534
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Snookerballs on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:04 am

Ali wrote:
Henry wrote:
Ali wrote:

I was licenced thinks

You would say that, wouldn't you? whistle

Yes, because it's true. Prod

We had a group that monitored channel 9, (24 hours) (was Insured with the emergency services for false calls) so that we called up the Services if there was an RTA/ or other accidents reported. A couple of local Doctors were also on call on the CB Network if required. (Early version of the Paramedic Scheme).
It worked quite well, paid for by Public Contribution.

Snookerballs

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Ali on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:57 am

Snookerballs wrote:
Ali wrote:
Henry wrote:
Ali wrote:

I was licenced thinks

You would say that, wouldn't you? whistle

Yes, because it's true. Prod

We had a group that monitored channel 9, (24 hours) (was Insured with the emergency services for false calls) so that we called up the Services if there was an RTA/ or other accidents reported. A couple of local Doctors were also on call on the CB Network if required. (Early version of the Paramedic Scheme).
It worked quite well, paid for by Public Contribution.

sounds like that was quite a good use of the technology of the time Snooks. CB radio sounds so old fashioned now though.

Ali
Admin

Posts : 2534
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Snookerballs on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:13 am

Ali wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Ali wrote:

Yes, because it's true. Prod

We had a group that monitored channel 9, (24 hours) (was Insured with the emergency services for false calls) so that we called up the Services if there was an RTA/ or other accidents reported. A couple of local Doctors were also on call on the CB Network if required. (Early version of the Paramedic Scheme).
It worked quite well, paid for by Public Contribution.

sounds like that was quite a good use of the technology of the time Snooks. CB radio sounds so old fashioned now though.
Lorries and Long Distance Haulage still use them.

Most of the Farm Tractors here have them, when they are out in the fields they can keep in touch with the farm.

Snookerballs

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Ali on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:16 am

Snookerballs wrote:
Ali wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Ali wrote:

Yes, because it's true. Prod

We had a group that monitored channel 9, (24 hours) (was Insured with the emergency services for false calls) so that we called up the Services if there was an RTA/ or other accidents reported. A couple of local Doctors were also on call on the CB Network if required. (Early version of the Paramedic Scheme).
It worked quite well, paid for by Public Contribution.

sounds like that was quite a good use of the technology of the time Snooks. CB radio sounds so old fashioned now though.
Lorries and Long Distance Haulage still use them.

Most of the Farm Tractors here have them, when they are out in the fields they can keep in touch with the farm.

The same sort? I can't remember what type mine was now but it was a small box needing a huge aerial out the window to receive lol

Ali
Admin

Posts : 2534
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:19 am

CB was a boon to crime.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Ali on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:21 am

jackb wrote:CB was a boon to crime.

Did you have one? whistle

Ali
Admin

Posts : 2534
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:23 am

Ali wrote:
jackb wrote:CB was a boon to crime.

Did you have one? whistle
In me motors.
I had two identical Granadas and a tranny van with them in.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Ali on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:25 am

jackb wrote:
Ali wrote:
jackb wrote:CB was a boon to crime.

Did you have one? whistle
In me motors.
I had two identical Granadas and a tranny van with them in.

I don't think I want to know why you had two identical cars tbh Shocked

Ali
Admin

Posts : 2534
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Snookerballs on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:36 am

I was "high tech" with mine. had a bleeper unit fitted to base set and car unit, so could have sound turned off, but could still be called by the bleeper, either in the car or base unit
(sideband as well)

" Breaker Break 10/4 good buddy, rubber duck over and out !!" roflmao

Snookerballs

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Ali on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:46 am

Snookerballs wrote:I was "high tech" with mine. had a bleeper unit fitted to base set and car unit, so could have sound turned off, but could still be called by the bleeper, either in the car or base unit
(sideband as well)

" Breaker Break 10/4 good buddy, rubber duck over and out !!" roflmao

You had fun then lol

Ali
Admin

Posts : 2534
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Snookerballs on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:50 am

Ali wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:I was "high tech" with mine. had a bleeper unit fitted to base set and car unit, so could have sound turned off, but could still be called by the bleeper, either in the car or base unit
(sideband as well)

" Breaker Break 10/4 good buddy, rubber duck over and out !!" roflmao

You had fun then lol

Extension Public Address Speaker under car bonnet, used for Road Rage !! Sad

Sideband with booster was good, one could reach Spain/Italy etc.

Snookerballs

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Ali on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:23 am

Snookerballs wrote:
Ali wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:I was "high tech" with mine. had a bleeper unit fitted to base set and car unit, so could have sound turned off, but could still be called by the bleeper, either in the car or base unit
(sideband as well)

" Breaker Break 10/4 good buddy, rubber duck over and out !!" roflmao

You had fun then lol

Extension Public Address Speaker under car bonnet, used for Road Rage !! Sad

Sideband with booster was good, one could reach Spain/Italy etc.

Haha, that would have freaked people out lol

You could get that far. not sure where the furthest I got was, probably just up the road in reality lol

Ali
Admin

Posts : 2534
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:39 am

Does CB still exist then?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Snookerballs on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:45 am

jackb wrote:Does CB still exist then?

Yup !!

Snookerballs

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Ali on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:46 am

jackb wrote:Does CB still exist then?

Dunno about in peoples homes but Snooks said lorry drivers still use it.

Ali
Admin

Posts : 2534
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:48 am

I used to own a CB radio in the 80's..It was a bit like internet forums of today...I met a few local people 'eyeball' who became friends...I remember when i was about 14 or 15 almost falling off the roof trying to put those 12ft aerials up...I was competing with a neighbour to see who could get it the highest..The higher it was the further the reach!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Snookerballs on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:04 am

philagain wrote:I used to own a CB radio in the 80's..It was a bit like internet forums of today...I met a few local people 'eyeball' who became friends...I remember when i was about 14 or 15 almost falling off the roof trying to put those 12ft aerials up...I was competing with a neighbour to see who could get it the highest..The higher it was the further the reach!

An Aerial like this and a Booster. Very Happy
Every chimney stack had one !!!



Snookerballs

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bygone fads fashions and crazes ...

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:58 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum