Full Frontal Lobotomy

Are you reliable?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Are you reliable?

Post by Ali on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:01 am

Syl wrote:I am and people who are not REALLY annoy me.
We arranged for a 1pm apointment today...at 2pm no sign so I rang the office...they said they would check what was happening. At 2.30 the person who made the appointment rang me back, he was stuck somewhere and said it would be an hour before he could get here...I told him to forget it.
Had he phoned and explained prior to him being late I would have accomodated him.
Anyway he has lost a sale and I could have been out doing interesting stuff instead of hanging around waiting. Mad

Are you reliable?

Yeah, I would say I am. I hate letting people down and if it was within my power to do so would make sure whoever it was knew well in advance I couldn't make where ever it was I was supposed to be.

In almost 4 years working where I do now I've only had one and half days off sick too.

Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:02 am

Yes, absolutely. I am very rarely, if ever, late and I never fail to turn up for an appt without giving advanced notice.

Admin
Admin

http://fullfrontallabotomy.4umotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:04 am

Henry wrote:Yes, absolutely. I am very rarely, if ever, late and I never fail to turn up for an appt without giving advanced notice.

I'm one of those people who would rather be an hour early than 5 minutes late. Can't do bugger all about the reliability of public transport though.

Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:11 am

Syl wrote:
Ali wrote:
Syl wrote:I am and people who are not REALLY annoy me.
We arranged for a 1pm apointment today...at 2pm no sign so I rang the office...they said they would check what was happening. At 2.30 the person who made the appointment rang me back, he was stuck somewhere and said it would be an hour before he could get here...I told him to forget it.
Had he phoned and explained prior to him being late I would have accomodated him.
Anyway he has lost a sale and I could have been out doing interesting stuff instead of hanging around waiting. Mad

Are you reliable?

Yeah, I would say I am. I hate letting people down and if it was within my power to do so would make sure whoever it was knew well in advance I couldn't make where ever it was I was supposed to be.

In almost 4 years working where I do now I've only had one and half days off sick too.

Do you find it unusual that you have had so little time off work Ali?
I gave up work about 10 years ago....but even then the people I worked with often had the odd day off...making flimsy excuses as to why.
In the 12 years I worked there I was off sick only twice.

No, it isn't unusual for me Syl, in the previous place I only had 1 day off sick in over 4 years and prior to that I don't think I had any days off sick in the 6 years I was there although it was part time and I had time off to have a baby. There have been quite a few colleagues over the years though who seemed to have a particular talent of being ill on a Monday though Laughing

Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:12 am

I now work for myself, (Semi Retired) so I always try to be punctual when visiting Customers or contact them by phone if there is a problem with the appointment.

But its surprising the number of so called customers who go out or when I arrive say they have changed their mind about having any work done, but never bothered to contact me to let me know.

The problem works both ways !!!

Snookerballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:18 am

Syl wrote:
Henry wrote:Yes, absolutely. I am very rarely, if ever, late and I never fail to turn up for an appt without giving advanced notice.

Its a good trait to have...I think people who are habitually late have some sort of superiority complex.

I used to be late for things - not intentionally, just careless - so I gave up wearing a timepiece, my wife did likewise. It made us both much more careful and we have lived without watches for over 30 years.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:24 am

Syl wrote:
Henry wrote:
Syl wrote:

Its a good trait to have...I think people who are habitually late have some sort of superiority complex.

I used to be late for things - not intentionally, just careless - so I gave up wearing a timepiece, my wife did likewise. It made us both much more careful and we have lived without watches for over 30 years.

Thats interesting. I would be absolutely lost without my watch...I am useless at guessing the time, I think I could be hours out if I had no watch to guide me.

My OH never wears a watch though, he doesn't own one, ask him the time and he is never more that 15 minutes out.

We were lost at first, but oddly perhaps you soon learn to the "know" the time to within a few minutes even without external references, And as i said, it keeps you on your toes.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:32 am

Syl wrote:I suppose if you have to rely on any sort of 'sense' you get good with practice.

I own one watch (which I would be lost without) it was a pressie from my OH around 25 years ago..it's a really nice 'Raymond Weil'....apart from when it needing two new batteries over the years it has never lost or gained a second.
Money well spent.

My last watch was a "Tissot", I loved it, but now it would seem strange indeed to wear ornament or jewellery of any kind.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mama kaz on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:03 am

I am never late, I hate being late and actually am always early, I wonder how much of my life I have wasted waiting around though? Rolling Eyes

My sister and his brother are constantly late, drives me NUTS grr

Mama kaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabby on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:12 am

I'm late if I can't get my hair right...... I have to prioritise!

Gabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:14 am

Always been reliable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mama kaz on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:15 am

Gabby wrote:I'm late if I can't get my hair right...... I have to prioritise!

Start an hour earlier then?

I remember M my sis refusing to go to school because it was a bad hair day stap foot

Mama kaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabby on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:18 am

Syl wrote:
Gabby wrote:I'm late if I can't get my hair right...... I have to prioritise!

Thats a universally accepted reason for being late though Gabby. Cool

I know.... it's never my fault ffs!.... I blame those damn straightners or benders!!

Gabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:02 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum